As a part of her Capstone Project, Saint Louis University 2021 Master of Athletic Training Graduate Iris Herrera MAT, ATC (pending) developed an infographic: "Adapting to a New Normal - considerations for athletic trainers during COVID-19 pandemic". SLU MAT students complete a Capstone Project, which serves as a culminating experience as they complete the professional phase of the program.
Originally from Denver, Colorado, Iris Herrera learned through the pandemic year in a clinical practicum with preceptor Sean Wright ATC at Webster Groves High School.
Infographic can be shared with appropriate credit.
- Adams WM, Périard JD. Returning to Sport Following COVID-19: Considerations for Heat Acclimatization in Secondary School Athletics. Sports Med. 2020;50(9): 1555-1557. doi:10.1007/s40279-020-01301-z
- Amundson L. Athletic trainers playing a critical role in getting sports back safely during the pandemic. Kivitv.com. https://www.kivitv.com/news/athletic-trainers- playing-a-critical-role-in-getting-sports-back-safely-during-the-pandemic. Published 2021. Accessed April 13, 2021.
- Caterisano, Anthony Co-Chair1; Decker, Donald Co-Chair2; Snyder, Ben Co-Chair1; Feigenbaum, Matt1; Glass, Rob3; House, Paul4; Sharp, Carwyn5; Waller, Michael6; Witherspoon, Zach2 CSCCa and NSCA Joint Consensus Guidelines for Transition Periods: Safe Return to Training Following Inactivity, Strength and Conditioning Journal: June 2019 - Volume 41 - Issue 3 - p 1-23. doi: 10.1519/SSC. 0000000000000477
- Conley KM, Bolin DJ, Carek PJ, Konin JG, Neal TL, Violette D. National Athletic Trainers' Association position statement: Preparticipation physical examinations and disqualifying conditions [published correction appears in J Athl Train. 2014 Mar-Apr; 49(2):284]. J Athl Train. 2014;49(1):102-120. doi:10.4085/1062-6050-48.6.05
- COVID-19 Return-To-Sport Considerations For Secondary School Athletic Trainers.; 2020. https://www.nata.org/sites/default/files/covid_19_return-to- sport_considerations_for_secondary_school_ats_1.pdf.
- Elliott N, Martin R, Heron N, et al Infographic. Graduated return to play guidance following COVID-19 infection British Journal of Sports Medicine 2020;54:1174-1175.
- Güner R, Hasanoğlu I, Aktaş F. COVID-19: Prevention and control measures in community. Turk J Med Sci. 2020;50(SI-1):571-577. Published 2020 Apr 21. doi: 10.3906/sag-2004-146.
- Mulcahey MK, Gianakos AL, Mercurio A, Rodeo S, Sutton KM. Sports Medicine Considerations During the COVID-19 Pandemic. American Journal of Sports Medicine. 2021;49(2):512-521. doi:10.1177/0363546520975186
- Statement On PPE And Athletic Participation: Ramifications Of The COVID-19 Pandemic.; 2020. https://www.nfhs.org/media/3812225/nfhs-smac-statement-on- ppe-and-athletic-participation-final-april-2020.pdf.
- Youth Return To Sports Recommendations. St. Louis; 2020. https://www.mercy.net/ content/dam/mercy/en/pdf/return-to-sports-recommendations.pdf.