Welcome! Bienvenidos! Bienvenue!
Now located in one of the greatest sports and medical cities in the United States, the Saint Louis University Athletic Training Program is welcoming new graduate students in St. Louis, Missouri. New scholarships are available. Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE) since 2010,
SLU is among the most established Athletic Training programs in the world and preparing U.S. and international health professionals. You will join numerous Saint Louis University Athletic Training alumni in the world today – carrying forward a mission of interprofessional excellence and service to others to improve the health of individuals and communities.
At SLU, you can count on your wellness and academic achievement being supported by faculty and staff. Since we started, our program has an overall 100% pass rate the Board of Certification (BOC) Examination. You can also benefit from the University’s recent investments in student well-being, such as recreational programs, mental health supports, and more.
You will be part of an academic medical center community. The medical center campus includes top-rated schools – School of Medicine, School of Nursing, College for Public Health and Social Justice, and Doisy College of Health Sciences (Department of Physical Therapy and Athletic Training, where the SLU AT Program resides). You will be mentored by physicians, athletic trainers, and other health professionals through clinical experience, classes, research projects and voluntary service learning. While you practice new skills, you will be supporting the athletic training needs of professional athletes, college programs, high schools, and community events across the region.
The SLU Athletic Training Program is committed to placing students with sites and preceptors who love teaching and offering students hands-on experience. Click here to learn more about Saint Louis University and your opportunities as a student in the Master of Athletic Training Program: http://www.slu.edu/doisy/degrees/graduate/athletic-training-mat.php
Scholarship Support and Tuition
You will be joining a University and College that will invest in you – literally. All graduate students starting in 2023 are eligible for up to $12,000 in scholarship awards
- $10,000 Sports Medicine Scholarship
- $2,000 Magis Community Service Grant
- Other scholarship awards may be available from the University as well
- All admitted students are considered for research assistantships and teaching assistantships.
The total tuition for the 2-year Master of Athletic Training program is fixed at $55,000. With full scholarship support, your net cost is $43,000 (or an average of $21,500 per year) or less. The program is eligible for federal student loan support and our Office of Student Financial Services will guide you through loan options. With fixed package pricing at Saint Louis University, there is no cost increase in your second year.
- Most successful applicants have an undergraduate grade point average of 3.00 or better on a 4.00 scale.
- Completion of prerequisite college coursework.
- GRE scores are not required
Applicants that do not meet the regular requirements, but who demonstrate the potential for success in the program and field may still be admitted on a case-by-case basis.
- Priority deadline: January 1st Second deadline: April 1st
- The program begins in May 2023.
- The number of students selected each year is limited.
- One semester biology with lab
- One semester chemistry with lab
- One semester physics with lab
- Two semesters anatomy and physiology or equivalent
- Exercise physiology
- General psychology
- Medical terminology
SLU offers admission to applicants who still need to finish prerequisite courses. These situations are handled on a case-by-case basis
Contact the SLU AT Program
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 314-977-8561 FAX: 314-977-6988
- Website: http://www.slu.edu/doisy/degrees/graduate/athletic-training-mat.php
- Blog: http://sluathletictraining.com
- Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/SLUAthleticTraining
- Twitter: @SLU_AT
- Instagram: @sluathletictraining