- Three full-time faculty members and one shared faculty member hired. (one each in 2007-2010)
- Administrative Secretary position hired in 2008.
- Admitted first freshman class and first professional class in 2008.
- Enrollment grew from 30 students in fall 2008 to 74 students in fall 2010.
- Clinical sites grew from 2 clinical sites in fall 2008 to 10 in fall 2010.
- Chartered the Alpha Iota Chapter of Iota Tau Alpha, the National Athletic Training Honor Society at SLU in 2009.
- Hosted the Missouri Athletic Trainers' Association State Meeting on our campus in 2009.
- Sucessfully gained full CAATE accreditation in spring 2010 for a 5 year maximum initial accreditation.
- Graduated first Master of Athletic Training class in May 2010.
- Every SLU student who attempted to take the Board of Certification Examination in Summer 2010 passed on first their attempt.
Our next milestone is that our first group of freshmen, the MAT Class of 2013, enters the professional phase of our program this summer.
We have been truly blessed!
Anthony Breitbach PhD, ATC
Director, SLU Athletic Training Education Program