The U101 "Enhancing the First Year Experience" wrapped up the semester with some pizza and fun at Vito's restaurant last week. U101 is designed to help first semester freshmen get acclimated with SLU and college life. The Athletic Training Education Program also has a section that is designated just for AT students. This aids in the communication between program faculty and staff and the new students.
Some of the topics include:
- Getting connected to the SLU community: Involvement on campus
- All about SLU: Learning about campus resources
- Decision Making in College: Issues for college students
- Time management: Achieving your goals
- Academic Success: Tips for in and out of the classroom
- Diversity: Exposure and understanding
- Career preparation: Values as they relate to your choices
- The Jesuit mission: Core values
The class also had a field trip to Rams Park and did a med campus scavenger hunt.
Post a Comment