Saint Louis University Athletic Training Graduate Bridget Quirk (MAT Class of 2013) was named the Post-Baccalaureate Graduating Student of the Year by the Doisy College of Health Sciences Alumni Board. The award was announced at the College Pre-Commencement Ceremony on Thursday, May 16, 2013 at Chaifetz Arena.
Bridget, the daughter of Tim and Margaret Quirk, is from Whitefish Bay, Wisconsin. She entered into the AT Program at SLU after receiving her Bachelor of Science degree at the University of Wisconsin-Madison in 2011. She also has a sister, Kelsey, in the Nursing program at SLU.
Her accomplishments at SLU included:
- 4.0 cumulative GPA
- 2012 NATA Foundation Scholarship winner (first in SLU history)
- 2013 SLU Graduate Research Symposium presenter (first in AT program history)
- Member of Alpha Eta, Alpha Sigma Nu and Iota Tau Alpha honor societies
- Tutor for Basic Anatomy and Gross Anatomy courses
- Peer teacher for MAT 501 - Principles of Athletic Training